Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Retreat-less

I heard about a three day retreat at a local quilt store and thought about what I could achieve with designated time for quilting and no distractions ... unfortunately, they were booked solid. Well, I'm not going to let that stop me !! I got DH on board with the idea (after all, staying home will save money hehehe) and he's agreed to provide meals and the appropriate sound effects when required, and I can close myself up in the sewing room and work my way through some projects!

Sitting here in the wee hours of the morning, I'm allocating time to projects, but when it actually comes down to it, this list will probably change ... or I might surprise myself and stay on track for a change! It's broken into three hour increments, just so I don't get too bored on one project -- and there's certainly enough of them!

Friday kicks off at 6 p.m. to midnight -- two projects for the night would be my maple leaf quilt and how about a real oldie, my Y2k quilt...

Saturday could see some major progress on quilts so I'm thinking of things I really, really want to start/work on/finish ... It's a very long day so I can work on 5 things if I choose! ... Daisy Bloomin' Nine Patch (new project), Pink Starstruck from Bonnie Hunter's website (new project), and now my conscience is getting the best of me so back to the UFOs ... Double Irish Chain, Watercolor Garden, and Y2k ... very ambitious of me!! lol!!

Sunday is a 3-project day and I'd really like to end the weekend with some serious progress. Get the following projects ready to load on the longarm: butterfly tabletop; green bathroom quilts; earth-toned dresser top; and the Kansas Troubles quilt. Most of these things just need a little pressing and the back squared up bit before loading. On the sewing side, I'm going to focus on only 1 or 2 projects at most -- maybe bringing something to conclusion! Well, that's my plan as of this morning :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment