Thursday, July 16, 2009

Jelly Rolls ~ Yumm!!!!

My morning trip to Starbucks has brought me to today’s post – It was all the yummy pastries that did me in … Honey Buns, Cakes and yes even Jelly Rolls. I am addicted to Moda’s Bake Shop. This is the brilliant idea that Moda has come up with. They take a given fabric line and then cut the line into 2 1/2 in strips, 10 in squares and various other shapes. While it has taken me, the perfectionist a little time to find the “perfect” layer cake pattern there is a site that I have fallen in love with. It is www.modabakeshop.com this site is a plethora of ideas and uses for these treats.

My favorite so far is this Easter basket pattern. The best is that they are all free, and you don’t have to use the Moda fabrics. These patterns can be adapted for any fabrics. If you are so inclined to start a project using Moda Bake Shop I urge you to start shopping for you Jelly Rolls on E-bay. I generally find mine for under $20 with shipping, a far cry from the usual $35 that I have seen them for in my local quit shop, plus there is the added bonus of winning something at auction!

I am currently working on a project for my sister from a jelly roll. It is a lone star pattern from the book Jelly Roll Quilts by Pam and Nicky Lintott.

Linda has tried in vain to stop me from purchasing any more books or patterns, I love em and this book is a great investment (used on amazon, save that money for fabric!!) if you find you are loving the Jelly Roll addiction! I do have one beef with here and that is the random switch back and forth from metric to standard – It is confusing…. At one point it called for 3m (meters) of fabric – and although I was stationed in Germany the only thing I had to relate to was a meter of beer!!! So I am off to enjoy a no calorie jelly roll this morning and will hopefully have something to show tomorrow! (besides a messy house!!!)

Good Quilting to you today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment